I offer high quality research and writing and am reliable, conscientious and hard working.
Currently (2021) I have limited time available for freelance work as I am also now employed p/t.
My areas of work and expertise are outlined below. Please contact me for more information and to discuss projects.
Types of work considered
- Desk research
- Literature reviews
- Policy and strategy work
- Evaluations of projects/programmes
- Quantitative and qualitative research (data collection and analysis)
- Transcribing interviews
- Report writing and briefings
- Digital content creation
- Magazine content creation and editing
- Digital communications
Key areas of expertise
- Libraries (public, academic)
- Library policy and strategies
- Marketing including social media
- Digital library services e.g. e-books, websites
- Digital content and digital presence
- Outcome and impact measures, quality frameworks
- Information literacy, reader development
- Book and publishing industries
Current and previous projects
- Wellbeing and Scottish Libraries (on behalf of SLIC) (current)
- New distance learning module on digital presence and digital content for libraries, for Aberystwyth University Department of Information Studies
- External verifier for Welsh Public Library Standards (2020) assessment for Welsh Government
- Editor, commemorative publication for Welsh Government: Cofio’n Cymru / Wales Remembers 1914-1918. Available in English or Welsh online as the ‘Final Publication’. (limited hardcopy)
- Health and wellbeing in public libraries in Scotland, research report for SLIC: Health on the Shelf report published April 2020 – see news item for press release; feature article in The Herald newspaper in Scotland
- Digital inclusion and the impact of Universal Credit on public library services in Wales, with Dr Anoush Simon of Department of Information Studies, Aberystwyth University. Initial findings are available online.
- Scottish public mobile libraries research report for SLIC (2019): Libraries on the Move.
- Review public library standards framework for future adjustments (for Welsh Government)