I offer high quality research and am reliable, conscientious and hard working.
I am interested in single-person research contracts or working as an affiliate on larger projects. My areas of work and expertise are outlined below. Please contact me for more information and to discuss projects.
Types of work considered
- Desk research
- Literature reviews
- Policy and strategy work
- Evaluations of projects/programmes
- Quantitative and qualitative research (data collection and analysis)
- Transcribing interviews
- Report writing and briefings
Key areas of expertise
- Libraries (public, academic)
- Library policy and strategies
- Marketing including social media
- Digital library services e.g. e-books, websites
- Outcome and impact measures, quality frameworks
- Information literacy, reader development
- Book and publishing industries
- Digital inclusion and the impact of Universal Credit on public library services in Wales, with Dr Anoush Simon of iMLA (previous DIS), Aberystwyth University. Initial findings are available online.
- Health and wellbeing offer in public libraries in Scotland – scope and review, for SLIC
- Editorial work for stand-alone commemorative publication