I offer high quality research and am reliable, conscientious and hard working.
I am interested in single-person research contracts or working as an affiliate on larger projects. My areas of work and expertise are outlined below. Please contact me for more information and to discuss projects.
Types of work considered
- Desk research
- Literature reviews
- Policy and strategy work
- Evaluations of projects/programmes
- Quantitative and qualitative research (data collection and analysis)
- Transcribing interviews
- Report writing and briefings
Key areas of expertise
- Libraries (public, academic)
- Library policy and strategies
- Marketing including social media
- Digital library services e.g. e-books, websites
- Outcome and impact measures, quality frameworks
- Information literacy, reader development
- Book and publishing industries
- Health and wellbeing in public libraries in Scotland for SLIC: Health on the Shelf report published April 2020 – see news item for press release; feature article in The Herald newspaper in Scotland
- Digital inclusion and the impact of Universal Credit on public library services in Wales, with Dr Anoush Simon of iMLA (DIS), Aberystwyth University. Initial findings are available online.
- Scottish public mobile libraries report for SLIC (2019): Libraries on the Move.
- Editorial work for stand-alone commemorative publication (ongoing)
- Reviewing public library standards framework
- Updating distance learning module (current)